Like it or not the rights and freedoms you enjoy must pass through the mind and heart of Barack Obama. If he chooses to modify your rights and freedoms he may do so. Do you trust how Barack will handle your rights and freedoms? Do you trust his instincts for recognizing and sensitively respecting your rights and freedoms?
You might say, no, I have rights and freedoms totally separate and apart from Barack Obama. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution say that my rights come from God not Barack. And the Bill of Rights is the first 10 amendments to the Constitution. They are part of the Constitution as well. That is correct. However, the constitution is only a piece of paper. It is the principles and ideals that it embodies that matter. Those principles and ideals only matter if the people in public office choose to follow those principles. Our rights and freedoms are always at the mercy of individuals holding the office.
Almost every country in Central and South America, and other countries around the world, have based their constitutions on our Constitution and our governmental principles. Yet, the leaders of most countries ignore constitutional principles if they do not allow those people to do what they want to do with respect to the rights and freedoms in their countries. Then regardless of the constitutional principles written on the paper, the people do not enjoy the kinds of rights and principles our
Constitution says should be in place.
The reason the United States of America has been able to endure for 200 years with most of the the critical principles of the Constitution being followed is because the people in public office have followed those principles, or the people or the courts have challenged them. A public official has to respect and feel constrained by constitutional principles in order to govern by constitutional principles.
But, Barack Obama has openly challenged and questioned rights and freedoms and requirements embodied in the Constitution. If he doesn’t like the constraints and limitations placed on him by the Constitution then he ignores them. He is not the first to do this but he has taken ignoring to a new level. He has openly announced that he will circumvent congress to get what he wants. And there is one more feature about Obama that is very problematic. He is the current president. His acts do and will directly affect us today, tomorrow and on into the future.
Do you trust how Barack Obama will handle any of your rights and freedoms in the future? Do you trust his instincts for being guided by Constitutional principles involving any act of government? Do you trust that your freedom of religion and freedom of conscience will be handled by Barack Obama carefully, by him having respect for your feelings? How do you feel about him following even major responsibilities required of the Executive by the Constitution, such as the major requirement that
he will implement and enforce laws passed by congress (think about the Defense of Marriage Act while you answer that question). Or how about the requirement that he will not legislate laws but instead will respect the laws passed by congress?
Like it or not the rights and freedoms that you enjoy must pass through the mind and heart of Barack Obama. Do you trust that your rights and freedoms will be handled carefully and thoughtfully by Barack Obama as he is guided by constitutional principles, or is he more likely to do as he pleases?
Is he more like the leaders of Central or South America who ignore constitutional principles and take power to themselves, or is he more like George Washington who voluntarily gave up power rather than becoming a king?
The article linked below talks about this very issue.
If you don’t want to read the whole article then just read through this list of abuses of power by Barack Obama showing his lack of respect for the law.
• Ignoring Advise & Consent, such as through recess appointments;
• Creating laws outside of the Congressional process, such as changing the unionization process, telling businesses where they are allowed to locate, imposing ropaganda mandates on employers, telling federal contractors who they have to hire, regulation of hydraulic fracturing, establishing a national ocean regulatory policy, creating a new land regulation program, global warming regulations, network neutrality regulations, auto efficiency mandate, claiming the power to define what constitutes religious employment, draconian regulation of coal;
• Ignoring the Plain Letter of the Law & Failing to Faithfully Execute the Law, such as waiving work requirements under welfare; the contraception mandate and the rights of religious employers, expansion of the refundable tax credit providing for premium assistance, Medicare Advantage quality bonus demonstration, medical loss ratio requirement for health insurers, termination of Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository, rewriting bankruptcy law, failing to defend the Defense of Marriage Act, recognition of Jerusalem, lobbying for abortion overseas, halting the airport screening partnership program, expedited airport screening for members of the Armed Forces, DREAM Act deferred action, administrative amnesty for illegal immigrants, withholding critical information about counterfeit goods, Medicare Solvency Requirements;
• Circumventing the Normal Regulatory Process, such as abuse of sue and settle tactics, re-write of coal regulations, abuse of guidance documents, refusing to disclose regulatory agenda, failing to list essential health benefits, Gulf drilling moratorium; banning uranium mining in Arizona;
• Government By Waiver, such as education policy by waiver and healthcare law waivers;
• Creating New Programs Not Authorized by Congress, such as the National Network for Manufacturing Innovation, new “super” agencies, the healthcare independent Payment Advisory Board, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
“There is no excuse for this continuous disregard of legislative authority and the Constitutionally-required separation of powers.”
“This is no way to govern. The President has set a precedent that even his supporters should find troubling. . . . The Founding Fathers wisely gave the President many powers, but making law was not one of them.”
Do you trust his instincts for encouraging free enterprise, private property and a vibrant economy?
Do you trust his instincts for handling international crises?
Do you trust his instincts for promoting and establishing a moral environment in our country?
Do you trust his instincts for upholding traditional American standards and values?
Do you trust his instincts for having a strong, moral military to defend this country?
Do you trust his instincts for representing America and America’s interests to the rest of the world?
Do you trust his instincts for recognizing the unique American experiment in self government of the people instead of government by decree?
Do you trust his instincts for promoting and recognizing three branches of government, Executive, Legislative, and Judicial, instead of consolidating the powers of all three into one individual.
Michelle Obama, in her talk at the Democratic Convention, said, “being president doesn’t change who you are, it reveals who you are.” I couldn’t have said it any better.
Barack Obama has been revealed. We now know who he is, what he wants, how he governs, how he feels about America and the Constitution and about you.
Do you trust his instincts for respecting your rights and freedoms?